When you join the team at the City of Greater Dandenong you are joining a Council who puts people first. We work as a team with a shared passion for achieving the best outcomes for the people that live, work and visit our great city.
We are also an organisation that wants our people to grow, be inspired and to love what they do and where they work.
We have a strong staff engagement record and low staff turnover. When people join our team they stay.
At the City of Greater Dandenong we have adopted a set of values we call ‘REACH’ which define who we are and how we interact with each other and our community. REACH stands for
Read more about Council’s commitment to our LGBTIQ Community here.
Being part of the City of Greater Dandenong team allows you to
- make a positive difference in one of Victoria’s most diverse and interesting municipalities
- apply your skills and knowledge in a unique local government setting
- work in an organisation where learning is valued and supported
- be recognised through Council’s highly regarded Rewards and Recognition Program
- open up a world of career opportunities by gaining highly valued skills and experiences
- work in an organisation where health and wellbeing is intrinsic in all we do
The Greater Dandenong City Council Enterprise Agreement, Council’s Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures set out our employment conditions.
Our positions are classified according to an 8-level pay scale. Each level has up to 4 pay steps and you have the opportunity to progress through the steps until you reach the top of the band.
We will try to support you as best we can to ensure work doesn’t come at the expense of your life outside work.
If you are interested in an advertised role that does not suit your flexibility needs, we encourage you to inquire with the nominated contact officer whether a flexible working option could be negotiated.
Our flexible working options include –
- study assistance – time off for study
- time in lieu arrangements
- flexible work arrangements like job share, part-time, rostered days off
- salary sacrifice for child care
- leave purchase schemes (i.e. 48/52)
- parental leave
- employee assistance program
- after hours dependent care for after-hours meetings
- flexible taking of leave including long service leave
- Workplace adjustments
Contributing To The Community
We are an organisation that sees ourselves as part of our local community. Our community is at the heart of everything we do and we take every opportunity we can to give back to the people that live, work and visit the City of Greater Dandenong.
As an employee, you can
- participate in charitable events and support programs in the community
- access to one day of paid leave each year to carry out volunteer work with local agencies
- salary sacrifice donations to 7 local agencies and Animal Protection Society
- wear casual dress on Fridays for a small donation so support local welfare agencies and the Animal Protection Society
- participate in morning teas and lunches to support events like Harmony Day and Genes for Jeans day