$73,610 - $85,282 pa (plus super)
Temporary Full Time (until October 2023)
The Greater Dandenong City Council is a progressive organisation of exceptional character that offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment to approximately 900 employees. We recognise that our staff are vital to the delivery of excellent service to our community and the achievement of our long-term vision. We invest in the development of our people, and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest.
We are now looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor until October 2023 who would be primarily responsible for:
- The maintenance of an efficient and effective Accounts Payable and Purchase Order system with strong internal controls.
- Supervising all activities associated with the payment cycle.
- Ensuring the integrity of data is maintained so that financial and reporting information is timely and accurate.
- Ensuring quality and efficient services are provided to internal and external customers and guidance to relevant team members.
- Maintaining documented current procedures for Accounts Payable and Purchase Order functions.
You need to have:
- Well-developed skills in communicating effectively with internal and external customers,
- A demonstrated ability to successfully organise, manage time, prioritise, and plan actions and processes so as to achieve the objectives of the role.
The essential position requirements include:
- A detailed understanding of the operations of Accounts Payable and Purchase Order systems.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in supervising an Accounts Payable and Purchase Order team in a large organisation.
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description, please click on the link below.
In accordance with government or Council requirements, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of an approved COVID-19 vaccination, including booster injections or an authorised medical exemption.
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to a national police check (and where relevant an ‘international criminal history check’), subject to the operation of spent conviction laws. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We are a workplace that cares for your health and well-being and offers a range of benefits for staff including flexible work options, a friendly team environment, access to learning and development programs, support for staff and their studies, opportunities for promotion and career development, rewards and recognition programs, and salary sacrificed childcare (where available), and a vibrant social club.
information: Subi Nathan, 8571 5129
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 9 December 2022