Business Support Officer (Children's Services)
$66,079.41 - $70,142.81 pa (plus super)
Temporary full time (38 hours per week until June 2022)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Be part of an award winning and innovative children’s services department that is passionate about being a child friendly city and a child safe organisation.
The primary objectives of the position are to:
- Provide administrative support to the Children’s Services Coordinator / Team Leaders and Executive Support Officer as required ensuring an efficient and effective day to day operation of the Department.
- Ensure business information and tasks are coordinated, up-to-date, and readily accessible and completed on time.
- All written communications are clearly and concisely presented, on time, address the issue at hand and consultation is maintained at all times.
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The incumbent must have:
- Certificate III in Office/Business Administration with experience in office administration or demonstrated office administration skills including customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within a community focused, administrative role.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. High proficiency in learning new computer databases and packages.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the capacity to work with others including discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise own work to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Developed skills in written communication to enable the preparation of routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse workplace.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License, Working with Children and Police Checks.
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description, please click on the link below.
You may be required to undertake practical testing, work preference profiling / psychometric testing, functional capacity assessment (physical) or aptitude testing.
The successful candidate will be asked to produce a clear Working with Children Check and will be asked to consent to a national police check (and where relevant an ‘international criminal history check’), subject to the operation of spent conviction laws. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Jacqueline Gray, 8571 1829
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday, 22 June 2021