COVID Project Support Officer
- Up to 6-month full-time contract
- June 2021 – 30 November 2021
- $71,990 pa (pro-rata plus super)
The Greater Dandenong City Council is a progressive organisation of exceptional character that offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment to approximately 900 employees. We recognise that our staff are vital to the delivery of excellent service to our community and the achievement of our long-term vision. We invest in the development of our people and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest.
This important field-based business support role sits within council’s Public Health business unit. The primary objectives are to:
- Provide creative and innovative initiatives that contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of COVIDSafe practices by all community venues and local businesses including CALD venues and businesses
- Support all community venues and local businesses to establish COVIDSafe practices
- Engage all community venues and local businesses on COVIDSafe practices and provide local data and intelligence to the Department for use in COVID response planning
- Provide practical supports for all community venues and local businesses to maintain COVIDSafe working environments to minimise the risk of workplace coronavirus transmission
- Support all community venues and local businesses, particularly hospitality businesses, to comply with the Chief Health Officer’s COVID-19 directions
The successful candidate will preferably have the following:
- a relevant qualification in Community Health, Environmental Health, or similar
- in the absence of a relevant qualification, then relevant work experience in developing and delivering community engagement programs, ideally in the Health Promotion space
- excellent communication skills, to be able to listen and build relationships of trust
- ideally be multi-lingual
- ability to effectively manage time, and to plan and prioritise resources
- a current valid and ongoing Victorian Driver’s license
To view a copy of this position description, please click on the link below.
COVID Project Support Officer - May 2021.pdf
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to a national police check (and where relevant an ‘international criminal history check’), subject to the operation of spent conviction laws. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We are a workplace that cares for your health and wellbeing and offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, access to learning and development programs, support for staff and their studies, opportunities for promotion and career development, rewards and recognition programs, salary sacrificed childcare (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Further information: Leanne Johnson, 8571 1350